Since 2011, with Converge Media's assistance, Chicago began offering marketing opportunities in the city to interested firms. Defined guidelines guarananteed the integrity of Chicago's character and landscapes.
To ensure this, the program was overseen by the Municipal Marketing Committee, which included representatives from relevant City agencies including Law, Ethics, CDOT, Fleet and Facilities Management, as well as Converge Media.
The committee is advised by an independent Advisory Council comprised of experts in the fields of architecture, arts, marketing, media, advertising and city planning.
"This approach puts Chicago on the cutting edge in marketing with the use of innovative, digital technology that will not just provide advertisements, but also promote the arts and improve public safety communication through a new broadcast network."
- Advisory Council
- Digital Outdoor Market Assessment
- Analyze City Real Estate Holdings
- Site Location Recommendations
- Needs Analysis with Key City Government
- Determining the City's Best Financial Structure
- MBE/WBE Coordination
- Vendor Management Coordination
- Operating Software Vendor Selection
- Individual Site Launch Strategies
- PSA Creative Development
- PSA Scheduling
- Monthly Program Reporting
- Warehousing of Creative
- Coordination of Applications with Various Departments
- Weekly Municipal Marketing Program Reviews
- Municipal Marketing Advisory Council Formation
- Municipal Marketing Framework Development
- Municipal Marketing Page Development for City Website
- RFP/RFI/RFQ Coordination with Procurement Department
- Comprehensive Communications with City Departments to Maximize PSA Inventory